Friday, September 22, 2017

Ginger Spice Hard Cider

Since it is now fall, I wanted to make a fall beverage so I opted to make a spiced hard cider. I used store bought juice, frozen concentrate, and fresh ginger. I ran the ginger through my juicer and added it to the thawed concentrate. I then topped it off with the store bought juice and tossed in some cinnamon sticks and a few whole cloves. Starting gravity is 1.082, and if I get good attenuation, this hard cider will come in at just above 10% ABV. It should finish more on the dry side, and I've found with the Vintners Harvest SN9 yeast, there is usually just a hint of background sweetness as other ciders I've made with this yeast finish at 1.004. This will be great for the holidays!
Thanks for reading! Cheers!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment