Sunday, July 1, 2012

(Pistachio) Roasted Nut Bown Ale

I took a gravity reading tonight and it was 1.013.  That puts this brew at around 5.3% ABV.  (Racked to secondary.)

From the sample here are the results:  Aroma: Nutty, toasty, roasty, with some earthiness.  Flavor: Roasted nuts, toasted malt, and some slight earthiness from the hops.  Crisp, clean finish, to assist the roasted and nutty flavors to come through.

I performed a taste sample using the pistachio extract.  I'm not sure if I will use it.  The flavor was quite strong, lending a buttery, creamy, flavor, but overwhelming the the overall brew.  (Could be perceived as a flaw in the brew.)

I will perform another tase sample with the pistachio extract at the end of fermentation, just prior to bottling to determine if I will utilize it.  I may just stick with the Roasted Nut Brown Ale.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment