Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Birthday Brew Day

On February 24 I will become another year older, maybe a little wiser, (who knows) and will definitely be brewing an Oatmeal Stout in honor of my day of birth.  Oatmeal Stout is one of my favorite styles of beer and as I have a "fondness for oddness", I'll have a slightly different mash bill than most partial mash oatmeal stouts.  My mash bill will contain the following: Maris Otter Pale Malt, Carastan Malt, Carapils Malt, Chocolate Malt, Chocolate Wheat Malt, toasted raw oats, and flaked barley.)  I guess not so odd, just a few of the malts are different than most recipes would use.)  I'll also use 3 lbs of dark liquid malt extract to hit my final gravity and I should end up with a full-bodied, creamy, smooth oatmeal stout.  I'll post more tomorrow on brew day! 
Thanks for reading!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment