Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Amber Ale

My first experience with DME, dry malt extract, almost resulted in a boil over!   Caught it just in time.  Whew!
Here is the list of ingredients I used in my Amber Ale:  Maris Otter base malt, German CaraRed malt, German wheat malt, British Carastan malt, amber DME, and Chinook and Cluster hops.  OG was 1.056.  Expecting 1.059 by my program, so pretty much right on the money!  If this beer attenuates to its potential, around 1.013, it should be around 5.6-5.7 ABV.  Right where I wanted it.  I've heard speculation that the yeast I used may attenuate more than what I'm expecting, so I will keep you posted.  (Fermentis Safale US-05)  This should be a nice easy drinking Amber Ale.  WOOHOO!  Thanks for reading!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment