Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pistachio Nut Brown Ale

O.k.  I know it sounds weird, but I have a friend that keeps saying how it would be awesome to have a beer that tastes like pistachios.  So I came up with this idea of making a Nut Brown Ale flavored with pistachio.  I didn't really want to figure out how to use real pistachios by de-fatting them so I am opting to use a high grade pistachio flavored extract instead.  (smells amazing by the way!) 

So it will be brew day, 6/24/12.  The Nut Brown Ale will be brewed, and just before bottling, the flavoring extract will be added, depending on a taste test.  I have a nice nutty malt bill utilzing Maris Otter, Victory, Carabrown, Amber, a little Carapils for body, and a little Pale Wheat for smoothness and head retention.  I'm using US-05 yeast for a clean, crisp finish to highlight the nutty flavors.

I'll keep you posted!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment