Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Wheat White IPA

Definitely a new style, mine is modeled after Deshutes Brewery Chainbreaker White IPA.  My wife actually loves Chainbreaker and she doesn't usually like IPA's. 
I changed mine up just a tad, highlighting the grapefruit flavors and aromas, and utilizing grapefruit zest instead of orange peel.  My wife enjoys this one too!
Big hop aroma with citrus with floral notes, flavor of smooth wheat, citrus, and tropical fruit, with a slight hops bitterness and a lingering flavor of ruby red grapefruit.  Slightly spicy from coriander, ginger, and Safbrew T-58 yeast.
I think this will remain one of my house brews as quite a few friends say it is absolutely delicious!  Possibly because it is different from anything else out there right now.
Thanks for reading!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment